Students receive a band progress every marking period. Along with an assessment of instrumental skills, we also give them a grade based on:
- Lesson Attendence (40 pts.)
- Band Rehearsal Attendance (40 pts.)
- Practice Minutes (Recorded on Practice Logs) (20 pts.)
- Karate Band Test *See study guide below* (2nd and 4th marking periods) (20 pts.)
*1 point is deducted each time a student is without their instrument.
*2 points are deducted each time a student has an unexcused absence from a lesson.
90- 100= A
80- 89 = B
70- 79 = C
60- 69 = D
0- 59 = F
Karate Band Study Guide:
1st Marking Period Practice Log HERE
(Concert attire is to be worn to school on the day of the concert for the morning dress rehearsal as well as the evening
- Boys - Black dress pants/ white button front dress shirt & tie/ black shoes
- Girls - Black dress pants (no leggings or skinny jeans) or long black skirt/ black dress blouse (must have
sleeves and cannot be sheer)/ black shoes.
Christmas Concert: Tuesday, December 14th
1/2 Day Rehearsals (7/8 Band Only):
**TBD as needed
Spartan Band Day: Friday, October 15th